Episode 24: The Olympics
recorded on February 11, 2018
Episode 18 – SEASON FINALE:
2. Flossing / Paper Towels / King Size Candy Bars
3. Virtual Reality
4. Andrew Bynum / Trey Parker / Bobby Bonilla / Zack de la Rocha
5. X-Men, Ranked
We recorded this episode so long ago (June 5) that Adam Robot references Harambe earnestly. Alas, he edited it out.
1. Wedding Parties
2. TSA Pre✓ / Traveling in Fatigues
3. Green Light Honking / Saturday Night Club Radio / Shazams
4. Death Reaction Round-ups
5. MTV Upfronts / MTV Casting Calls / Armbars
6. Starbucks Secret Menu / Sysco / Tater Tots / Media Conglomeration
7. Alamo Drafthouse
8. The Moth StorySLAM: Obsession
Don't call it a comeback.
Cobbled together from three recording sessions (May 1 + May 8 + May 22).
1. Flea's National Anthem / WrestleMania Tweets
2. Marijuana Serving Sizes / License Plate Frames / Draymond Green
3. Star Wars Noobs vs. Prank Conversations / Your vs. You're / Jews vs. Nazis
4. Black and White / Marvel's What If
5. Emo Equivalents / Every FX Original Series
recorded on April 10/17, 2016
Adam Robot: Jesus. This recording is so old I reference Prince and he was ALIVE at the time.
Jon: You are the GRRM of podcast editing.
1. The Vegas Episode
Yes, a whole episode on Las Vegas.
recorded on March 6, 2016
I was thinking today…
Not to play into the
stereotype fact that Asian people like to gamble, but, when I was young, my favourite zone in Sonic 2 was Casino Night, my favourite character in Ranma ½: Hard Battle was Gambling King, and my favourite X-Man was Gambit.
1. How We Met / Weddings / Family Reunions
2. Socks / Shazam for Shirts
3. Odd Ice Cream Flavours / Pinball Ringtone / Funeral Stargazing / This Generation's Aaliyah / Axl Rose
4. Weezer / The Real World
5. Our Top Five 1996 Albums
recorded on January 28 and March 27, 2016
1. SXSW / Joe Camel
2. Sneakerhead Travel / Hand Washing / Hotel Minibars
3. Upcoming Sequels and Remakes
4. Fear the Walking Dead / Daredevil
recorded on March 20, 2016
I just realized that our podcast has the same cover art colour scheme as Bill Simmons' podcast network:
1. Seat Filler / Plumbing
2. Millennial Career Survey / Autographs / Coors Light / Cadbury Egg McFlurry
3. Nine Lives / Hentai Kamen / Lip Sync Battle Jr.
4. Current Television Lightning Round
5. Lil Yachty
recorded on February 29, 2016
We recorded this a few days after I last returned home from Los Angeles, and we release it on the day I head back.
I ramble too much.
recorded on February 21, 2016
1. Pub Quiz / Kidney Stone
2. Children's Game Shows / Training Day / Cruel Intentions / MacGyver
3. Jarhead 3 / Cabin Fever Remake / Berlin Hotlist
4. Captain America: Civil War Cereal / Batman v. Superman Cereals / Deadpool Tie-ins / Amanda Chantal Bacon's Diet / Filled Cupcake Oreos
This one was cobbled together. I think if Adam had his druthers, he would leave in all the segments that bomb.
recorded on January 31/February 7, 2016
Pardon my crappy audio. I had to record most of this in a large, empty flat.
recorded on January 28/31, 2016
1. Jon in Chicago / Air Travel
2. Rattails / Squirrel Cognition / Craigslist Personals / Surgical Masks
3. 13 Hours Premiere / The Incident / Air Bud Entertainment / The Revenant
4. 24: Legacy / South Korea / Pot Comedies / The World Dog Awards
recorded on January 17, 2016
1. White Dudes Wearing Shorts in Cold Weather / "Same Old Love" / Vampire Selfies / Gift Cards
2. Virtual Reality / Auto Shows
3. Fuller House / MADtv's 20th Anniversary Reunion / Guns N' Roses
4. Jon's Ideas
5. What Horrible Things Did We Do to Our Penises Last Year?
I got a new mic, so the sound quality is better.
Expanding on an idea I share in the above podcast…
Idea: One day, all of the guns in the world mysteriously vanish. How do gun owners react, particularly when they realize that everyone's guns vanished?
Law enforcement, gangsters, and terrorists can bluff for only so long.
While hunting lions in a remote location, a poacher's guns disappear, and his mobile cannot pick up a signal.
Two high school students plan to shoot up their school and then commit suicide, but on the day of their planned shooting, they cannot find the guns they planned to use.
Murder weapons in active cases go missing.
Crossbow sales skyrocket. Bombings increase.
As soon as a gun maker finishes making a gun, it vanishes. No new guns.
Television Show Idea: The Wirer. Namond Brice is now a Baltimore detective. He joins a detail investigating Michael Lee's drug-dealing organization. Dukie is an informant for Namond's team.
1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
2. Our Top 10 Television Programmes of 2015
We recorded this before I posted my live-thog of The Force Awakens, so I repeat stuff that you may have read. Also, our top 10 discussion illuminates why I don't really critique stuff.