8. 50 Shades of Gay (Portlandia, S05E07)
- Celebrity Jeopardy! (Saturday Night Live 40th Anniversary Special)
- That's When You Break (Saturday Night Live 40th Anniversary Special)
- Found Footage/FPS Heist (Banshee, S03E07) – feat. a Fight Scene of the Year nominee
"What's wrong with pictures?"
"If you love someone, you'll remember what they look like." (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, S02E16)
- "I hate those enunciated denunciations." (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, S02E16)
- Worst Cooks in America Season Grade: D+
- "I love you." (Shameless, S05E06)
- Music: Dawn Golden – "Discoloration" (Shameless, S05E06)
- Fish's human soap box (Gotham, S01E16)
- "And I'm like, 'Fine, mom, be a whore. Be a drunken whore, even. But don't be a nagging drunken whore.'" (Gotham, S01E16)
- "I worked on him in my basement for a couple of weeks." (Gotham, S01E16)
- "My youth is not relevant." (Gotham, S01E16)
- "Hey, Cagney, Lacey, when you realize how wrong you are about all of this, I'll take an Edible Arrangement as a sorry. Heavy on the pineapple." (Better Call Saul, S01E03)
(Better Call Saul, S01E03)
- "My thoughts on dessert, I think they're pretty tedious and annoying." (MasterChef Junior, S03E07)
"If you don't let me go to that sleepover, I'm gonna stop eating."
"I overreached." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E05)
"Eddie, what's the thing you always say that the fat brown man says?"
"Mo' money, mo' problems?" (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E05)
- "Don't tell mom! She relies on me!" (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E05)
- "Eddie, half the reason I come to this country is so you could have lots of sex." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E05)
- "If you pretend like you have a bad back, you don't have to do so much work." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E05)
- "And most importantly, like we always say during the SNL monologue when a musician hosts, wrap it up." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E05)
- The Full Text Of The Johnny Karate Legal Disclaimer (Parks and Recreation, S07E10)
"This, to me, seems like a *hug moment*."
"You are mistaken. Remove the graphic!" (Parks and Recreation, S07E10)
- "'Phenomenon' means 'to explore a cave.'" (Parks and Recreation, S07E10)
- "John Cena: Martial Arts Superstar." (Parks and Recreation, S07E10)
- "You're my Verizon-Chipotle-Exxon." (Parks and Recreation, S07E10)
- "'Eurotrash.' I like that. It is indeed a garbage continent." (Parks and Recreation, S07E11)
- "And there's the dance studio where I had my first kiss with the cutest slash only boy in my jazz troupe. Then he came out of the closet – super gay. Then we kissed some more. Then he went to Oberlin." (New Girl, S04E16)
"Yeah. 28 points. Boom!"
"I'm pretty sure 'aplex' isn't a word, Mikey."
"'Course it is. I don't like that guy. He aplexes me." (Justified, S06E05)
- "You okay? You look aplexed." (Justified, S06E05)
- "How about skim milk? You got any skim milk?" (Justified, S06E05)
- "God only does weird baby stuff." (Modern Family, S06E15)
- "Naomi Cambell." (Empire, S01E07)
- "What is a 'bae'?" (Empire, S01E07)
- Dire Straits, heh (Empire, S01E07)
- Lucious' clapping (Empire, S01E07)
"For her first boyfriend, she's feeling some three-point-shooting, pick-setting point guard – who hustles!"
"Why can't you just say he's white?" (Black-ish, S01E14)
"So how long before downtown gets totally gentrified?"
"It happens fast. When you get to be my age, it's like a Dave Matthews concert down there." (Black-ish, S01E14)
"Amazing. How did you know that?"
"He posted it on Instagram, and I was about t–"
"Damn, son! Are you Jason Bourne?!" (Black-ish, S01E14)
- "What kind of black girl is named 'Becky'?" (Black-ish, S01E14)
- "You were plenty weird before me. What about the underage drinking scheme? I wasn't even here for that." (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, S10E06)
- "Black people don't do stuff that's not cool." (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, S10E06)
"She's called 'Dusty' because she's really into angel dust."
"I am super into angel dust." (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, S10E06)
- "A starter car… This car is a finisher car!" (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, S10E06)
- All that Yaz (The Americans, S03E04)
- Baby Soft ad (The Americans, S03E04)
- Free association: William Shatner = nipples (King of the Nerds, S03E05)
- "WIlliam Shatner's chest bothers me." (King of the Nerds, S03E05)
- "MWHYYYY LITTTTLLLLEEEE PPPPOOOOOOEEEEEENNNNNNYYYYYYY." (King of the Nerds, S03E05)
- Scott's long, deep bows as he rasps out "luggagggggggge" (Comedy Bang! Bang!, S04E07)
(The Jack and Triumph Show, S01E01)
- "White Food Medley." (Bagboy)
- "Doctor and Daisy sitting in a tree. Uh, K-R-L-L-letter of snake." (Bagboy)
- "Mmm. That's good horse. I could eat this horse 'til the cows come home. Little bit of sawdust, but who cares? It's from the stable. Oh, who am I kidding? Doesn't matter how much horse meat I eat, Daisy's still not gonna like me." (Bagboy)
I can't stop looking at this dead Puerto Rican man propped up in a Green Lantern costume at his wake.
I would totally check out an exhibition of embalmed corpses dressed as superheroes.
Embalmed corpse nativity scene.
Blues Traveler will release their latest album, Blow Up the Moon, on April 7.
The release sees the band team up with a variety of artists including: Plain White T's, 3OH!3, Hanson, Jewel, JC Chasez of *NSYNC, Bowling for Soup, and Thomas Ian Nicholas. [source]
Yes, Rookie of the Year star Thomas Ian Nicholas.
Taco Bell is testing a new fast casual concept, called U.S. Taco Co. and Urban Taproom, in California.
"Brown whiskey" is finally starting to outsell vodka because millennial drinkers want more body in their cocktails. Millennial drinkers are also turning to darker liquors because they come with the assumption that they were made in smaller, locally owned whisky distilleries.
being-lola-star reblogged this and added:
Damn it. Now I really can't go see Kingsmen.
I hate that society forces me to choose between something that I want (seeing both movies) and something I feel obligated to do (only seeing Jupiter to make my "vote" demonstrate what I want to see more of in society).
carlamlee reblogged this from thestoutorialist and added:
Kingsman = the villain is a black man (Samuel L Jackson)
Jupiter Ascending = villains are 2 white dudes & a white lady.
More and more and more, I need to go see Jupiter Ascending.
Tags: sexism racism queued
Is there a podcast that just shares entertaining clips of other podcasts – a Pod Soup?
Idea: Kevlar implants. In your forehead. In your chest.
Idea: Pinball jukebox. Instead of accumulating points, you accumulate albums in the playfield, from which you select a song to play after the ball drains.
The dream comedy roastee is Kanye West, right?
Meet the Hitlers documentary trailer
According to the director of the Raid films, Indonesian censors cut out the entire church scene in Kingsman, which… It's kind of a pivotal scene, not to mention the highlight of the film.
And in the Philippines, the sex scenes in 50 Shades of Grey are reportedly censored with giant black dots, evoking the infamous red box in Todd Solondz's Storytelling:
Not pictured: Bunny Colvin and Selma Blair
The Lazarus Effect…
What is Mark Duplass doing in a Blumhouse horror flick?
Donald Glover is in this too?
And it's from the director of Jiro Dreams of Sushi?!
The game done changed.
7. The prosecution rests (Better Call Saul, S01E01)
- Dial-up (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E04)
- "The Wiz always has it covered." (Justified, S06E04)
- Pulling teeth (The Americans, S03E03)
- Steven Yeun and Conan visit a Korean spa (Conan, 02-11-15)
"I was talking to Rosa about her 'dinner' with her 'parents.'"
"I am having dinner with her parents."
"Okay, liar, what restaurant you going to?"
"I don't know. Some Italian place."
"Oh, Italian! Makes sense, Pinocchio! …He's a liar, too. And Italian. …I over-explained it." (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, S02E15)
- "I'm gonna vape you like my e-cig." (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, S02E15)
- "I got John McClaned." (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, S02E15)
- RT: "Apparently the black guy quota on Walking Dead is set at a hard 2" (The Walking Dead, S05E09)
"What'll it take to buy me some time?"
"More than an A cup, baby." (Shameless, S05E05)
- Music: Robert Francis – "Baby Was the Devil" (Shameless, S05E05)
- 'I Heart Anal' mug (Looking, S02E04)
- Nebraska, in black and white, like Nebraska, which stars Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul, S01E01)
- "Cucumber water for customer only." (Better Call Saul, S01E01)
- Chekhov's bin dent (Better Call Saul, S01E01)
- Chef Ben's tattooed head (Cutthroat Kitchen, S06E06)
- Chef Jackie bidding all her money (Cutthroat Kitchen, S06E06)
- "Are you punking my abuelita?" (Better Call Saul, S01E02)
"Walter's not wearing Jordans either."
"He doesn't need to. He's black. That's like built-in Jordans." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E03)
- "And there's a point system, and then something happens with the clock, and then the winner drinks milk." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E03)
- "Water doesn't project success. Capri Sun does." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E03)
- "Go on, girl. Taste the rainbow." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E03)
- "This is not a duet." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E03)
- "Creativity is for people with glasses who like to lie." (Parks and Recreation, S07E08)
- "She designed her own major – Halloween studies." (Parks and Recreation, S07E08)
"I'm MC Hammer." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E04)
["Lightning Crashes" by Live]
"This woman's terrible." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E04)
- "Miata Queens of Orlando." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E04)
- MRAs – ha (Parks and Recreation, S07E09)
- "50 Shaved Old Gays." (Parks and Recreation, S07E09)
- "Men's rights is nothing." (Parks and Recreation, S07E09)
"Which one of you is Janet Novoselic?"
"Agents Grohl and Cobain." (Supernatural, S10E13)
"How much you want to bet that she and Mr. Hutchins didn't die peacefully in their sleep?"
"Oh, but it's such a nice thought. It's how I want to go. I'm kidding. I want Sigourney Weaver to choke me out with her thighs." (Justified, S06E04)
- "I need a real producer – Hit-Boy, Timbaland." (Empire, S01E06)
- RT: "Dead at Raven-Symone's name being Olivia, dead at her sleeping with a gay man and her real life gf is on the show" (Empire, S01E06)
- "Told my wife her naan is not as puffy as my mom's." (Black-ish, S01E13)
- "Gay dudes are like hot chicks. They only part with each other." (Workaholics, S05E05)
- "They're gonna be getting their cream pies from us." (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, S10E05)
- "Asians know electronics, and fish, but Americans know cream pies." (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, S10E05)
- "Gaylord. I could not have been more wrong on that one. You're clearly some kind of straightlord." (Man Seeking Woman, S01E05)
"Josh, you're being a huge asshole."
"No, Tanaka, sorry, it's a figure of speech."
[sad Tanaka] (Man Seeking Woman, S01E05)
- Top Chef: Boston Season Grade: D
- "Okay, here we go, so we have, ugh, tequila and coffee liqueur. All right, so, we can make, I guess this will be a…Black Mexican?" (Archer, S06E06)
"Uhh, hey, dick, I happen to be Pakistani." (Archer, S06E06)
- "Canadian down low." (Archer, S06E06)
- "We can't move you tonight. We're about to kiss Sister Sister." (Lucas Bros. Moving Co., S02E05)
- Guest starring James Adomian and the Broad City girls (Lucas Bros. Moving Co., S02E05)
- Moby the dick judge (King of the Nerds, S03E04)
- Boobypack? (Shark Tank, S06E19)
- "The original lyric was 'I do practice Santeria,' but the record label made them change it." (Comedy Bang! Bang!, S04E06)
- A sex scene set to Icelandic metal (Fortitude, S01E01)
- Music: Moldun – "This Time You Dig the Hole" (Fortitude, S01E01)
A Dutch-Moroccan youth navigates the tricky first steps to manhood in the Amsterdam projects.
Adding this film to my must see list.
Do any airlines still offer complimentary decks of playing cards?
I worry about the future of playing cards. They brought me so much joy, and, like, I'm not sure my nine-year-old nephew can even shuffle a deck of cards.
Playing cards > LEGOs.
101 MINECRAFT-THEMED YO MOMMA JOKES.
I remember inexplicably owning a book of 101 bug jokes as a lad and thinking, "When am I ever gonna need a joke about a bug, let alone a G-rated one?"
I remember reading a book of dirty jokes that contained an inordinate number of jokes about the enormity of Polish dudes' penises. The Polish man uses a Thermos as a condom – ha ha?
One of my classmates at the time was a Polish dude, and I couldn't look at him without thinking about how massive his dick must be.
I see that Viacom Media Networks finally removed the StumbleUpon share button from its video player.
21st Century Scavenger Hunt
• Someone who uses Foursquare
• Someone who uses Bing Maps
• Someone who uses a Surface as a laptop
• Someone who got a job via LinkedIn
• A popular male vlogger who isn't gay or white
6. The Shot (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, S10E04 – a Television Episode of the Year nominee)
There is a huge chunk of the [episode] that is one take, no tricks. It begins with Charlie first escorting the inspector inside the bar and continuing all the way through to Charlie leading the inspector to the basement. [source]
- The Suitcase (The Americans, S03E02)
- Couple Up (Man Seeking Woman, S01E04)
- Funeral for Jake Roberts' snake Damien (Lucas Bros. Moving Co., S02E04)
- "I never black out for a whole day unless I'm smoking crack." (Shameless, S05E04)
- ER – heh (Shameless, S05E04)
- "Don't cry, Ginuwine, it's okay." (Parks and Recreation, S07E07)
- "Just yesterday, I learned that the Pearl Jam album Vitalogy was written about you." (Parks and Recreation, S07E07)
- "That omelette was so delicious!" (New Girl, S04E14)
"We wrote the check out to Cece."
"We do not know your full name." (New Girl, S04E14)
"Can you please tell my investment here that she can't make any money with art history?"
"That's not true. Last year, I made almost $22,000, and my life is very hard."
"You see that? You should be studying to become a doctor. They make good money, they get respect. Paging Dr. …Cece." (New Girl, S04E14)
"That one over there, he's all creativity and ideas. And this one's all data and numbers."
"[snaps] Six." (New Girl, S04E14)
"This is a man who would wear sweatpants to his wedding."
"I now pronounce me comfortable." (New Girl, S04E14)
- Sunset Overdrive (Justified, S06E03)
- "You understand me, Earl? I'm gonna shoot your dick off." (Justified, S06E03)
- "Why do all your shirts have black men on them?" (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E01)
- "Well, Evan is not going to school today. His fat friend J.J. give him string cheese and apparently he is lactose intolerant. His body is rejecting white culture, which make me kinda proud." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E01)
- "Hey, y'all. When my neck gets red, 'cause of my white skin is out in the yellow sun, I like to come here, to Cattleman's Ranch, where I can get comfortable among people of my own kind, maybe meet my wife, or my cousin, or my cousin wife, for an onion blossom for only $2.99." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E01)
- "We got all types of special effects, like Avatar and The Hobbit." (Empire, S01E05)
"Get out. You people always misbehave."
"What you mean by 'you people'? You black like me." (Empire, S01E05)
- "When this video drop, it's gonna put Drake, Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, and all them cats on notice." (Empire, S01E05)
- "Can you afford any precious time, especially over a thot?" (Empire, S01E05)
- "You still worrying about singles when I'm 'bout to be iconic." (Empire, S01E05)
"You took a three-hour nap yesterday."
"I was tired from the marathon."
"The Downton Abbey marathon?!"
"That family is exhausting." (Modern Family, S06E13)
- Music: Danny Brown – "Fresh Off the Boat Theme Song" (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E02)
- CLC – ha! (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E02)
- "Enjoy your stick, white friends." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E02)
- "Look what my mom got me for my straight Cs." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E02)
"Love you? My dad never said that. My family loved each other; we just didn't say it. We showed our love through criticism and micromanagement, so if you said 'love you,' you were probably hiding something." (Fresh Off the Boat, S01E02)
"Kinda like the band Everclear. I'm Art Alexis. He's Craig Montoya and Greg Eklund."
"Okay, let me be ever so clear about this: You are no Art Alexis."
"I'm totally Art Alexis." (Workaholics, S05E04)
Tony Kornheiser (The Americans, S03E02)
The Shockmaster (Lucas Bros. Moving Co., S02E04)
- "They gentrified his pet cemetery?" (Lucas Bros. Moving Co., S02E04)
- "Parallelograms are a bitch." (King of the Nerds, S03E03)
- "Myth and Match" – good Nerd-Off (King of the Nerds, S03E03)
"It's not poo poo."
"I don't think it's poo poo on a stick." (Shark Tank, S06E18)
- Siobhan! (Banshee, S03E05)
"I think there's something at the bottom."
"That's where Drake started!" (Comedy Bang! Bang!, S04E05)
"Until the day you die."
"When is that, exactly?"
"It's about 25 days from now."
"Mm-hmm. Don't you want to know how you die?"
"I do, yeah."
"Oh, it's a rapidly…"
"No, no, no. It's just a man. He goes by 'Old Age.'" (Comedy Bang! Bang!, S04E05)
- "Starsky with Hookers." (Comedy Bang! Bang!, S04E05)
- Everyone corpsing during the Shiloh Huffington interview (Comedy Bang! Bang!, S04E05)
I can't stop watching the man in the red shirt behind Bruno Mars.
The only ESPN network that you can watch at my gym is ESPNU, and I don't understand. Wouldn't a budget television package include just ESPN and not ESPNU? Normally, you pay more for ancillary networks.
You know how championship shirts/gear for sports championship losers is distributed to people in need in other countries? Do you think there are people in said countries who believe a bizarro history of American sports? Like, as far they know, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have the same number of rings, the Red Sox are still cursed, and Butler won back-to-back March Madnesses.
"I don't like any type of music except country" – do people claim this?
Soon, Columbia House will be able to offer 10 CDs for 1¢ with no strings attached.
Instead of incarceration, we should figure out a way to cleanly induce permanent back pain as punishment for crimes. Lower back pain for misdemeanors, full back pain for lesser felonies.
Anarchy is a film adaptation of Shakespeare's Cymbeline, in which bikers war with cops, like they do on Sons of Anarchy, a loose adaptation of Shakespeare's Hamlet.
Ethan Hawke stars in The Purge and Anarchy, but not in The Purge: Anarchy.
Spotted at Sundance:
My name is Jon and I'd like to talk to you about double-spacing between sentences.
Ghouls comin' out
On a Tuesday
Ryan Gosling should play J.P. and a RealDoll should play Bones.
Television Show Idea: Inspirer Beware. Notable creatives are presented with insane stuff that their work inspired. Like a Nardwuar interview in which the gifts have come home to roost.
5. Marshawn Lynch and Rob Gronkowski Play "Mortal Kombat X" With Conan O'Brien (Conan, 01-29-15)
- East/West Bowl 3 – Pro Edition (Key and Peele Super Bowl Special)
- Adam Pally guest-hosted a hilarious, absolute disaster of an episode (The Late Late Show, 01-30-15)
- The Jay Z Story (Saturday Night Live, S40E13)
"I'm still planning to get some retribution. I got her a parting gift."
"Tickets to Wicked?"
"In Boston. Have fun watching some chubby Chenoweth knock-off warble her way through 'Popular.'" (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, S02E14)
- "When I was alone in her office, I changed her auto-correct. Now when she types 'Wunch,' it gets replaced with 'butt.'" (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, S02E14)
- "We call him 'Carlilingus.'" (Shameless, S05E03)
"Do we get paid on the holiday?"
"No. None of the holidays. Not the tree one, the president one, the war one, and definitely not the one for the blacks." (Shameless, S05E03)
"You date-raped me."
"We were on a date?"
"No, Debbie, you statutory raped yourself. I could go to jail."
"I don't understand."
"Friends don't rape friends." (Shameless, S05E03)
"You lost your virginity?"
"Does it count if it's rape?" (Shameless, S05E03)
- "Listen, Debs, a million guys would kill to be raped by you." (Shameless, S05E03)
- "I hope you die in a puddle of diarrhea." (Shameless, S05E03)
- Writing off characters like it's the UK Shameless (Shameless, S05E03)
"Wait, you're paying this butt brain?"
"My butt does have brains. They're called 'turds' and they're smarter than you." (Bob's Burgers, S05E10)
- "Was Star Wars the one with the little wizard boy?" (Parks and Recreation, S07E05)
- "The only contract I've ever signed is my Mulligan's sSteakhouse club card, and even then I used a fake name – Les. Les Vegetables." (Parks and Recreation, S07E05)
- "Paul Reiser salmon." (Parks and Recreation, S07E06)
- "Just about hit me, now you're gonna sling foul utterances in my direction?" (Justified, S06E02)
"How do you know I was with a guy if you ain't been following me?"
"I'm not following you."
"Are you saying you ain't following me like you don't know what I'm saying, or are you just repeating this bullshit about you ain't been following me?"
"I'm not following you?" (Justified, S06E02)
- "You know what I was thinking about today? The Franklin sandwich at Denver Biscuit Company." (Justified, S06E02)
- "Jocks, they peak in high school, all right, but nerds, they become Skrillex." (Workaholics, S05E03)
- "Hov, hangin' with Mr. Cooper, Asian girl laughing." (Workaholics, S05E03)
- "I love eating sashimi, but I would rather eat sashi-you." (Workaholics, S05E03)
- "Half-black equals full black, and that's not my rule, that's society's rule. That's why Drake could say the N word a million times and everyone's like, 'I love this song.'" (Workaholics, S05E03)
- "She's obviously valuing both of her Filipino and black heritage equally. So if anything, she's a full-bodied 'pino noir." (Workaholics, S05E03)
- Frusen Glädjé (The Americans, S03E01)
- Kama Sutra (The Americans, S03E01)
- Jake "The Snake" Roberts singing "Nookie" by Limp Bizkit (Lucas Bros. Moving Co., S02E03)
- Arsenio Hall's private jet, the Arsenium Falcon (Lucas Bros. Moving Co., S02E03)
"We'll go with you to Los Angeles."
"But that's only because you referenced Martin." (Lucas Bros. Moving Co., S02E03)
- The taxi driver from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air opening credits (Lucas Bros. Moving Co., S02E03)
- YG as the voice of Olmec (Lucas Bros. Moving Co., S02E03)
- "I'm a little disappointed. I thought that she would care so much about handmade costumes." (King of the Nerds, S03E02)
- "REITs aren't sexy." (Shark Tank, S06E16)
- $75 for Forza 5 (Banshee, S03E04)
"Jesus. Call the police."
"Uhh, he is the police." (Banshee, S03E04)
Drew protested Steve Guttenberg as John Harbaugh, and Sean Payton was uncastable.
4. Nola vs. Burton (Banshee, S03E03)
A Fight Scene of the Year nominee.
- Spanking scene (Togetherness, S01E02)
- Sting makes a shocking debut (WWE Raw, 01-19-15)
- Leslie's version of "We Didn't Start the Fire" (Parks and Recreation, S07E04)
- Conan and Archer battle Russian mobsters (Conan, 01-20-15)
- Conan Visits Taco Bell (Conan, 01-21-15)
- Anne Hathaway laughs uncontrollably while describing her coma movie (The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, 01-21-15)
- The Eric Andre Show, S03E10 – a Television Episode of the Year nominee
- "I've never had a taco." (Worst Cooks in America, S06E03)
- "My favorite food is Hamburger Helper – with chicken." (Worst Cooks in America, S06E03)
- "They may have female genitalia, but those lesbians are The Man." (Shameless, S05E02)
- "I want to see the burning man!" (Shameless, S05E02)
- The butler looks like Bomani Jones (Gotham, S01E12)
- "In modern America, touching in public is quite permitted. Also warrants the expression 'get a room.'" (Sleepy Hollow, S02E13)
"Fat Chance, when we started, you had no control over your powers."
"See this? Totally random."
"Nonsense. This is a door to time and space. Where it goes is up to you. You must become Fat Choice." (The Venture Bros.: All This and Gargantua-2)
- "I hench for no man." (The Venture Bros.: All This and Gargantua-2)
- "Nobody but spies play baccarat." (The Venture Bros.: All This and Gargantua-2)
(Parks and Recreation, S07E03)
- "Zach! Camp Wamapoke! You got a boner!" (Parks and Recreation, S07E03)
- "The Somebody's Daughter Dancers." (Parks and Recreation, S07E03)
"Game of Thrones is on tonight! It's the series finale! Khaleesi is marrying Jack Sparrow! Oh, God, that show has really gone off the rails."
"Look, it makes sense if you read the books." (Parks and Recreation, S07E04)
- "Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something like that. Sharp, inhospitable. Same reason I never understood the fascination with the artichoke. Now bourbon is easy to understand. Tastes like a warm summer day." (Justified, S06E01)
"You need to be smart."
"What I need is a $6 blow job. A smarter move I cannot imagine." (Justified, S06E01)
- Swedish songwriters – heh (Empire, S01E03)
"What is this?"
"This is Gus. He's a private detective that I hired."
"You did what?"
"He ain't cheating on you…" (Empire, S01E03)
(Best New Restaurant, S01E01)
- "No one gives a shit about bloody Cole Porter." (American Horror Story, S04E13)
- American Horror Story Season Grade: D+
"My cock ring is sliding off."
"Why my father is talking to me with a cinch around his penis is beyond my grasp." (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, S10E02)
"Can I get a drink?"
"Go ask one of the other ones."
"What other ones?"
"The other ones. The bird lady, the troll man." (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, S10E02)
"Can I get a drink, please?"
"No, not now. Ask one of the other ones. The dirty one or the gay one." (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, S10E02)
"What are some of the things we could talk about?"
"Creatine shits." (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, S10E02)
- "Cowboys hate teachers. You know, cowboys are independent thinkers who like to learn for themselves." (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, S10E02)
"Let's just keep it simple. Let's just start with our names."
"Hi, ladies. I'm Frak. Shit!" (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, S10E02)
- "Ignition (Remix)," "Return of the Mack," "No Scrubs" (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, S10E02)
- "I'll just masturbate." (Man Seeking Woman, S01E02)
- "She hated the text. She's never going to respond. We have to save face. We have to pretend we were just kidding. Text 'JK.' Text 'JK'!" (Man Seeking Woman, S01E02)
(The Taste, S03E07)
- The Taste Season Grade: C
- "You have to try this. Hot cocoa, dark creme de cacao, hint of crème de menthe, and peppermint schnapps. I call it a 'peppermint patty.'" (Archer, S06E03)
"We head out at dawn."
"And that's A.M.?"
"As opposed to…?"
"'Set Adrift on Memory Bliss.' Come on, buddy." (Archer, S06E03)
"I have kind of a weird bucket list."
"Number three: Bang Joe Frazier."
"[sigh] Really regret sharing that with you." (Archer, S06E03)
- "All men like Brigitte Nielsen." (Portlandia, S05E03)
(Lucas Bros. Moving Co., S02E02)
- "Make 'Em Say Uhh" reference (Lucas Bros. Moving Co., S02E02)
- All the food trucks (Lucas Bros. Moving Co., S02E02)
- "I have many unique skills, including making the Predator noise." (King of the Nerds, S03E01)
- Mile 69 – heh (Banshee, S03E03)
"I am Associate Professor X."
"Wait a minute. Your name is X, as in the letter 'X'?"
"E-C-K-S. My parents named me after their favourite film character, Jeremiah Ecks, from Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever." (Comedy Bang! Bang!, S04E03)
"They should come out with a video game that's just stuff black people do."
"Yeah, like a whole level to see who can tuck their shirt in their drawers and sag their pants the best."
"What would the boss level be?"
"Sell cocaine for at least five years." (Comedy Bang! Bang!, S04E03)
- "If I get mad at a little person… What I do is I just throw a big sombrero on top of them and then put tortilla chips in there. And I make them walk around a party with a sombrero full of chips." (Comedy Bang! Bang!, S04E03)
"You need Jesus."
"I need Jesus and a can of ginger ale." (The Eric Andre Show, S03E10)
- The Eric Andre Show Season Grade: A-
Previously on Adam Riff™:
This week on Adam Riff™, we are answering the question What did dudes in their 30s enjoy listening to in 2014?
Alright. My turn.
Q: Jon, what did you enjoy listening to in 2014?
Three months in the making, this is…Rifflash:
|2||Vince Staples - 65 Hunnid|
|3||Future Islands - Seasons (Waiting On You)|
|4||Protomartyr - Scum, Rise!|
|5||Raised By Wolves [from "Fargo"]|
|6||Ben Khan - Youth|
|7||Seahaven - On The Floor|
|8||Bros Before Hos [from "Neighbors"]|
|9||Drake - 0 To 100 / The Catch Up|
|10||††† (Crosses) - The Epilogue|
|11||Damon Albarn - Photographs (You Are Taking Now)|
|12||The Secret Fate Of All Life [from "True Detective"]|
|13||Cliff Martinez - Will It Hurt [from "The Knick"]|
|14||The Hotelier - Discomfort Revisited|
|15||Josef Salvat - Open Season|
|16||RATKING - Snow Beach|
|17||The Exorcist [from "Nathan For You"]|
|18||Dead Times - Every Moment|
|19||Water Liars - Let It Breathe|
|20||Isaiah Rashad - West Savannah (feat. SZA)|
|21||Eulogy For Augustus Waters [from "The Fault In Our Stars"]|
|22||The War On Drugs - Red Eyes|
|23||Freddie Gibbs and Madlib - Harold's|
|24||Jamie T - Love Is Only A Heartbeat Away|
|25||Optimal Tip-To-Tip Efficiency [from "Silicon Valley"]|
|26||The Dirty Nil - Cinnamon|
|27||Taylor Swift - Blank Space|
|28||A Selfish Act [from "Utopia"]|
|29||We Were Promised Jetpacks - Peaks And Troughs|
|30||Logic - I'm Gone|
|31||Justin Meyer [from "The Skeleton Twins"]|
|32||Small Wonder - Until I Open My Wings|
|33||Slothrust - 7:30 AM|
Humongous thanks to Jon Wilcox for the artwork, and to Mike, Matt, and Adam Robot for sundry beta testing.
Oh and my son thinks I should note to not let the wonky first 90 seconds of the RATKING song deter you from experiencing the second half.
Previously on Adam Riff™: Songs of Instruments
This week on Adam Riff™, we are answering the question What did dudes in their 30s enjoy listening to in 2014?
Q: DJ Ben, what did you enjoy listening to in 2014?
Straight from the clubs of our nation's capital, this is…Awesome Mix Vol. 14: