23. Beastie Boys – "An Open Letter to NYC" (Succession, S01E01)
Clip of the year?
- Joe Pera discovers "Baby O'Riley" (Joe Pera Talks With You, S01E06)
"Please don't do this. It's embarrassing."
"We do not have the luxury of shame." (Pose S01E01)
- "Whitney!" (Pose S01E01)
- "I don't think God rested on the seventh day, Bernard. I think he reveled in his creation knowing that someday it would all be destroyed." (Westworld S02E07)
- ♫: Beethoven's "Allegretto" (Westworld S02E07)
- "When the Great Library burned, the first 10,000 years of stories were reduced to ash, but those stories never really perished. They became a new story, the story of the fire itself, of man's urge to take a thing of beauty and strike the match." (Westworld S02E07)
- ♫: Nicholas Britell's score (Succession S01E01)
- "[…] Or perhaps your debut album is coming out tomorrow, and you're worried that people will say you're ripping off Bruce Springsteen, but you're nothing like Bruce Springsteen. You're not from New Jersey; you're from Delaware. You make dubstep. You hair's been thinning for years. You're five foot one inch tall. You have no teeth; you're all gums. Your microphone is just an old vacuum cleaner. Your perform on your hands and knees, and you sing about Fashion Week." (Joe Pera Talks With You, S01E05)
- "Sorry to get down on dominoes, but it's one of my core beliefs that you shouldn't waste kinetic energy." (Joe Pera Talks With You, S01E05)
- "You don't have to be a music teacher to have you breath taken way. There's a lot of nice stuff that can do that, like a really good lightning; great water pressure; when you almost die, but then you survive; the flavour of a pineapple; […] when you open a box and your grief counselor is inside." (Joe Pera Talks With You, S01E05)
- Comic Legion (Legion, S02E10)
- ♫: Radiohead – "True Love Waits" (Legion, S02E10)
- "Legion, the world killer." (Legion, S02E10)
- ♫: Lowpass Lushes – "Bout to Do It [feat. First Class]" (The Last O.G., S01E10)
- The Last O.G. Season Grade: D
- ♫: Jai Wolf – "Starlight [feat. Mr Gabriel]" (Cloak and Dagger, S01E01)
- ♫: Blur – "Tender" (Patrick Melrose, S01E05)
- Patrick Melrose Season Grade: C
"What are you doing in there, Barry?"
"Legally, it's the only place they can't record you when you talk to inmates."
"I don't think that's true."
"Really? I got the worst fucking clients." (Arrested Development, S05E05)
- The Howards (Arrested Development, S05E06)
- "I will not let that woman steal everything I've taken from her." (Arrested Development, S05E07)
"We are the Mexican Romneys!"
"♫ Mexican Romney Family…" (Arrested Development, S05E07)
- "I mean, the problem was, like you said, that we couldn't be together without branding each other's taint." (Arrested Development, S05E08)
- "Should I tell her that my son and my niece were playing Ron and Brian?" (Arrested Development, S05E08)
- Arrested Development Season Grade: F
Still the AR™TV World Drama Champion: The Deuce
The New AR™TV World Comedy Champion: Joe Pera Talks With You