In order to remain relevant in this new landscape, many evangelical pastors and church leaders are following the lead of the hipster trendsetters, making sure their churches can check off all the important items on the hipster checklist:
• Get the church involved in social justice and creation care.
• Show clips from R-rated Coen Brothers films (e.g., No Country for Old Men, Fargo) during services.
• Sponsor church outings to microbreweries.
• Put a worship pastor onstage decked in clothes from American Apparel.
• Be okay with cussing.
• Print bulletins only on recycled cardstock.
• Use Helvetica fonts as much as possible.
Amazingly, this is not a parody.